The first gold and silver releases from the new Disney Princess coin program feature Cinderella.
In the classic fairy-tale adored for generations, Cinderella escapes mistreatment by her stepmother and stepsisters to find true love with her Prince.
5 facts you may not know about Disney’s Cinderella
- Cinderella was the 12th animated feature film released by the Walt Disney Studios.
- The film first opened in America on 15 February 1950 after three years in production.
- Unknown to actress and singer Ilene Woods, her demo recordings of songs from the film were sent to Walt Disney, who chose her from more nearly 400 hopefuls to be the voice of the title character.
- It’s said that Walt Disney regarded the transformation of Cinderella’s torn dress into a shimmering gown fit for a Disney Princess as his favourite piece of animation.
- The film was nominated for three Academy Awards for Best Music, Best Song (Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo) and Best Sound Recording.
Disney Princess: Cinderella
Struck in proof quality from 1oz of 99.9% pure silver and 1/4oz of 99.99% pure gold, the coins portray Princess Cinderella surrounded by relief engraved flowers. Issued as legal tender of Niue, no more than 10,000 silver coins and 1,000 gold coins will be released.
Each silver coin is presented in delightful fairy-tale book style packaging incorporating a Certificate of Authenticity. Each gold coin comes in a timber display case and illustrated shipper accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
Disney fans – with five further Disney Princess scheduled for release, don’t miss this first issue!
Issued by NZ Mint and Struck by The Perth Mint.