1935 Spanish Trail Half Commem BUPRODUCT ID: 10917
The Old Spanish Trail commemorative Half Dollar was designed by the famous coin dealer L. W. Hoffecker. It commemorates the 400th anniversary of the expedition through the Gulf states by the Spanish explorer Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca.
- Contains .3617 oz of Silver.
- Coin comes in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Depicts the head of a cow (a literal translation of the explorer's name).
- Reverse: Depicts a yucca tree and a map showing the path of the Old Spanish Trail.
- Light toning adds to this coin's originality.
This U.S. Silver half-dollar commemorates the 400th anniversary of the Cabeza de Vaca Expedition through the Gulf states in 1535. The explorer's name literally translates to "head of a cow," which is the main motif on the obverse. The reverse shows the route of the expedition and a yucca tree. This coin is in Almost Uncirculated condition.