1986 1 oz Gold American Eagle BU (MCMLXXXVI)PRODUCT ID: 10523
The 1 oz Gold American Eagle is the most popular, and one of the most beautiful, Gold bullion coins in the United States. 1986 (MCMLXXXVI) was the first year of issue in the Gold American Eagle Series making this 1 oz Gold coin ideal for any collection.
- Inaugural year of issue.
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- Individual coins come in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek showing a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint in West Point, NY.