1989 Russia 1 oz Palladium Ballerina PF-69 NGC (Matte)PRODUCT ID: 11522
Russian Ballerinas are some of the most popular Palladium coins in the world and considered beloved treasures for their intricate design and history.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Palladium.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the near perfect PF-69 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Features a female ballerina dancer en pointe with her arms wrapped around her torso.
- Reverse: Displays the Soviet Union emblem of a hammer and sickle, as well as “CCCP,” an abbreviation for “Soviet Union” in Cyrillic.
- Legal tender coin of Russia issued by the Leningrad Mint.
Palladium Ballerinas were produced to honor the Bolshoi Ballet, which was first brought to Russia from France in the early 1700s and is now an internationally renowned classical ballet company, based at the Bolshoi, which means "big" or "grand" in Russian.
Palladium is one of the rarest metals on earth, about 15 times rarer than Platinum and 30 times rarer than Gold.