2015 1 oz Cook Islands $100 Gold Armillary Coin Valcambi
Armillary coins take their name from the armillary sphere, a model globe split along longitude and latitude, invented by Eratosthenes circa 200 B.C. This 1 oz .9999 fine Gold coin combines the trusted Valcambi name with a unique, one-of-a-kind design.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Four 1/4 oz rings come in a sealed protective assay package.
- Assay card lists weight, purity and authentication by certified assayer.
- Obverse: Concentric rings each list "Elizabeth II" and "Cook Islands" along with the 2015 date, face value, weight and purity.
- Reverse: Features the Valcambi name in script across all four rings.
- Sovereign $100 coin backed by the Cook Islands.
Upon first glance, this 1 oz Gold coin looks like any other Gold coin. However, upon removal from the assay package, the coin can be twisted into a beautiful shape resembling an armillary sphere.
This exquisite Gold coin also features Valcambi's CombiBar™ technology, meaning each ring can be separated to create an even more unique experience.