2017 1 oz Palladium American Eagle BUPRODUCT ID: 10325
The first-ever Palladium coin issued by the U.S. Mint!
- Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Palladium.
- Mintage of 15,000 coins for this inaugural issue.
- Coins will be packaged in protective plastic flips.
- Obverse: A young depiction of Liberty with winged Phrygian cap, reminiscent of the Roman god Mercury. Adapted from Adolph Weinman's classic design first used on the Mercury Dime in 1916.
- Reverse: A majestic eagle perched atop a rock along with the weight, purity and $25 face value. This design, also created by Adolph Weinman, has been used since 1907 on the American Institute of Architects' annual Gold Medal.
- Produced at the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia.
- Palladium is the first addition to the U.S. Mint's popular American Eagle bullion program since Platinum was introduced in 1997.