2017 South Africa Gold/Silver Protea Mandela: Life of a Legend Launch SetPRODUCT ID: 14747
- Set Contains 1.1 oz of .9999 fine Gold and 1 oz of Silver.
- Set consists of a privy mark 1 oz Gold coin, a privy mark 1/10 oz Gold Coin and a special medallion with the faces of the eight men who received life sentences for sabotage during the infamous Rivonia Trial (1963-1964).
- Comes in original packaging and with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 200 sets
- Obverse: Depicts an image of Nelson Mandela wearing one of his iconic Madiba shirts, underlined by a wreath made from South Africa’s national flower, the King Protea, and the year 2017.
- Reverse: The 1 oz Gold coin features a young Mandela in the center of the coin. Along the outside is his opening statement at the Rivonia Trial: "I have fought against white domination, and....for which I am prepared to die". It also features the names of the ten accused. The 1/10 oz Gold coin features the quote “Evil ultimately lives in fear of and under threat from the uncompromising commitment to justice, fairness and human compassion.” (British Red Cross humanity lecture, Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, London, England, 10 July 2003) and the denomination ‘R5’, together with a photograph of Nelson Mandela wearing a traditional kaross. The Silver coin features a group of people which represents the delegates present at the Congress of the People. Nelson Mandela is one of these individuals.
- Return Policy
- Shipping Policy
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused, in the same condition that you received it and within 7 days of purchase. It must also be in the original packaging.
Please send an email to Support@AHMemail.com to receive an RA (Return Authorization) and address to return your item to. Returning your item without a RA will result in the item being refused and returned to you or possibly lost in our warehouse. We charge a 5% restocking fee on all credit card orders returned. If an exchange is requested, we will work with you to find an acceptable exchange.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded/exchanged unless item has defects.
Exchanges (if applicable)
If your purchase has defects and need to exchange, send an email to Support@AHMemail.com and after confirmation, please send your item to the address given as well as including the return authorization number. If an exchange is requested, we will work with you to find an acceptable exchange.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
To return your purchase, you must mail the address given to you upon contacting American Heritage Mint and Bullion.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
We highly recommend using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
We ship items using USPS, UPS, DHL, FedEx and will ship as soon as payments are processed and completed. Items typical ship within 3 - 5 business days from the day the order is placed unless otherwise stated on product page. (Please refer to notes with each item for additional information or adjustments).
Please note that all Money Orders, Cashier’s, Personal and Business Checks will be held up to 10 business days or until said payment has cleared. Orders will be shipped promptly upon clearance of funds.
Items over $2000 may be sent using secured delivery to prevent fraud. A signature, photo, and other information (required by delivery company) may be required to prevent issues.
To prevent fraud, items with incorrect billing information might be cancelled if we can not verify. Shipments must be sent to billing address on file with your credit card unless approved by our risk department.
Shipping charges for returns are the responsibility of the party returning the item.
Orders may be returned shipped via USPS, FedEx or UPS. We highly recommend that you insure the package for its full value. American Heritage Mint and Bullion does not assume any responsibility for items lost or damaged while in return transit. We only assume responsibility of products while they are in our care, custody and control.